高一英语听力人教高中英语必修1 Unit2 English around单词听力Mp3
C. Sandwiches and sodas.
M: I remember it was a rainy day and I had to carry it in a plastic bag.
A. A poor family.
M: I want to exercise, but I never seem to find the time.
A. Have dinner late.
20. What was the boy’s suggestion?
B. Her graduation.
W:Well then, why don’t you just think of buying a new one?
M: Oh, the title of the book is Life on Earth. Um, I got it because of the television program.
W: Yes, of course. It’s not like he’s sick or anything. I give him medicine every month as part of his regular care, so he doesn’t get any diseases from insects or other dogs.
M: Why don’t we go to the National Exhibition? I heard that there’s a good show going on. We can see a lot of things.
W:What do you think would be a reasonable price of a new PC?
W:He had on a blue shirt and brown trousers.
M: How much Japanese can you understand?
1. Who is the woman?
2. What are the speakers mainly talking about?
3. What did tile girl find out this morning?
4. Who had a good time in the exhibition?
5. What does the man mean?
6. Where is Alice?
7. Which is Alice’s favorite subject?
8. Why can’t Jane write to Alice now?
9. When did Jim begin to cough?
10. What did Jim have for breakfast this morning?
11. What did the man ask Jim to do?
12. Why was the man late for work?
13. What do we know about the carpool?
14. How can one join in a carpool?
15. What do most English pubs offer?
16. At what time do most pubs close at night?
17. What do many pubs provide for children?
18. What was Hawking’s major at Oxford University?
19. How many children does Hawking have?
W: It is against the law in England to go into a pub if you are under the age of l4. So many pubs provide a special room for children.
Stephen Hawking was born in Oxford, England, in 1942. He went to school at St. Albans. After leaving school, Hawking first went to Oxford University where he studied physics, and then he went on studying in Cambridge University. As he himself admits, he didn’t work hard. He was a lazy student, and he did very little work. However, he still got good grades.
At the age of 20, he first noticed something was wrong with him. His mother was very worried and took him to see a doctor. He was taken to the hospital for exams. He had a very serious illness. The doctor said he would die before he was 23.